<$BlogRSDUrl$>
In March of 2004 a group of metaphysically-minded writers got together and formed the Asamee Writers Group. For over two years the writers pooled their creations into the Asamee Blog. The group disbanded in the summer of 2006. This is a complete archiving of all the writings. A complete index is in the left column.
White Feather Forum - Joy Zone Discussion Forums - Site Feed
White Feather's Blog - Resources For Writers - Spook Quotations

Daily Columns

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Circle of Light 


By Patricia C. Myers

It is a winter white World today. The first flakes of the season have frosted the yet green grass. A gentle whisper sprinkles golden leaves upon the scene like so many nonpareils adorning a birthday cake.

As I gaze out the window feeling the separation from summer the freezing scene nips my emotions and the chill of loneliness slips over me. I travel through Time and remember happy moments that bring squeals of child delight as Life is given to Frosty.

That is when I saw her swaying with the wind.


Dangling precariously from a nearly invisible silver thread was Grandmother Spider frozen in the act of knitting her treasure in a silken sack for some future pleasure. Her needle like legs are open wide as she prepared to embrace the transformation of death. I wait. I watch for signs of Life. In my mind I see her scramble up to the safety of her web.

But she moves.. not.

This pensive mood flows from deep within my Soul as I search for answers to ancient questions and find them short in coming. I blink away the tears of longing for those I Love Knowing full well that solitude will once again be present under the Tree of Christmas Lights.

A warm nudge pressed against my leg pulls my THOHTS into feline green pools of kittenesque innocence and reminds me I am not alone.

I am Loved. And so is she.

Love is the never ending Circle of Light.
It is always there if we, but choose to see.


Copyright©2000-2003 Patricia C. Myers

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?