<$BlogRSDUrl$>
In March of 2004 a group of metaphysically-minded writers got together and formed the Asamee Writers Group. For over two years the writers pooled their creations into the Asamee Blog. The group disbanded in the summer of 2006. This is a complete archiving of all the writings. A complete index is in the left column.
White Feather Forum - Joy Zone Discussion Forums - Site Feed
White Feather's Blog - Resources For Writers - Spook Quotations

Daily Columns

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Feeling the Halt 

by White Feather

The solstice was absolutely fantastic for me--and quite different. This year I decided to forego all ritual and ceremony and experience the solstice in a completely passive way. I decided to surrender to the solstice, allowing it to envelope me. I wanted to feel the solstice without any thought involved. Pure feeling. That's how I wanted to connect.

At the time of the solstice I was at work and I was incredibly busy and I wasn't thinking about the solstice at all. And then suddenly as I was walking across the room it happened. I felt a little ping in my chest that waved out through my body. I lasted about two to three seconds. It was like a strange sort of electrical thing and it was followed by a feeling of lightness. It felt like a release of tension. It was a very evident change in vibration.

That's when I stopped and turned around to see the clock and it was the very time of the solstice. Now that was cool! I actually felt the solstice! That feeling of lightness has been with me ever since. For the rest of that work day I kept experiencing occasional bouts of euphoria. And I kept thinking, "Ah, the days will now be getting longer!" I proclaimed several silent hallelujahs.

That morning I had noted the sunlight coming in the kitchen window and hitting the refirgerator. It's just a thin shaft about an inch and a half wide. And it only occurs right at sunrise and lasts only about 15 minutes. That shaft will now begin widening and my kitchen will once again be filled with sunlight. By the summer solstice in June the kitchen will be ablaze with sunshine for six hours each day. It's a very different room depending on the season.

Instead of windows, someday I'd like to live in a glass house where the whole house is a window. Wouldn't that be cool?

Copyright © 2005, by White Feather. All Rights Reserved. Books by White Feather

Why Children Love Dirt

Labels:


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?