<$BlogRSDUrl$>
In March of 2004 a group of metaphysically-minded writers got together and formed the Asamee Writers Group. For over two years the writers pooled their creations into the Asamee Blog. The group disbanded in the summer of 2006. This is a complete archiving of all the writings. A complete index is in the left column.
White Feather Forum - Joy Zone Discussion Forums - Site Feed
White Feather's Blog - Resources For Writers - Spook Quotations

Daily Columns

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

The Mountain Ledge 

by White Feather

Today I walk past the movie room. I continue down the stone corridor past many doors. Some of the doors have symbols on them and others are unmarked. I've walked by these doors so many times but I've never opened all of them.

I consider going to the beach door. I've stepped through that door many times onto a beautiful peaceful beach. I had walked that beach many times and had fond memories but I'm not in the mood for memories or anything from the past. Perhaps it is time to try a new door.

I walk past many doors, including the beach door, waiting for a door to "call to me." But no door beckons so I keep walking, wondering just how many doors there are.

Finally, a door on my left catches my eye and I sense a resonation--or is that music coming from behind the door? I stop my journey through the corridor and step up to this door, reaching out to grab the doorknob. Slowly, I turn the knob and open the door.

With the door closing behind me, I step out onto a ledge on the side of a mountain. The ledge is no more than five or six feet wide. On the mountain side of the ledge is a shear rock cliff reaching far above me. As I step to the edge of the ledge I see that there is a shear vertical drop-off that stretched several hundred feet down. I step away from the edge and look to my sides. The ledge continues horizontally to both my sides as far as I can see. It is almost like a narrow foot path traversing the mountainous cliff.

Looking far below me, I see a large green valley. I see farms and pastures and meadows and forest and what looked like a small glass city. I briefly wonder what planet I am on. Stepping back away from the edge, I put my hands on the rock wall of the mountain. It certainly feels like planet earth.

I don't think I can walk the ledge so I sit down with my back against the cliff and look out over the land. The longer I stare at the scenery, the more I am overcome with feelings of intense peace. It is a very beautiful land, resonating within me; speaking to me of beautiful and grand stories that had been played out in this frequency. I felt myself being drawn into it.

I think of the mountain I am sitting on. What many and interesting histories the mountain must have been witness to. It surely did not miss much. Can I tap into the data bank by sitting on and leaning back against this mighty mountain? Can I tune into all the feelings ever felt in this land? And can I see its future?

I feel like a stranger; a traveler through this land who comes to observe but does not step down into the reality. I feel that I don't have to. I can feel it all from sitting there on the ledge.

Getting sleepy, I wonder if I fall asleep would I get stuck in that reality? Would I have to live through all the dramas and histories before I found my way back to my body on the ledge? Would it take me centuries or even millenia before I awoke?

I stand up. For a second, I waiver as I gain my equilibrium. I place my hand on the rock wall of the mountain to gather my balance. Taking a deep breath, I stand leaning back on the mountain and I watch the clouds in the sky. I spot a hawk and watch it spiral through the vast sky. I think of how the birds can watch a reality from lofty perspectives yet still dip down into the denseness of the activity below. Flying back up to the high sky, the hawk is unaffected; untainted by the histories of the land below. I admire the birds for that.

I wonder what this mountain ledge would be like in the middle of the night.

I sit back down with my back to the mountain. Staring out over the land and sky and watching the hawk, I start to hear the music.

Copyright © 2005, by White Feather. All Rights Reserved. Books by White Feather

Labels:


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?