<$BlogRSDUrl$>
In March of 2004 a group of metaphysically-minded writers got together and formed the Asamee Writers Group. For over two years the writers pooled their creations into the Asamee Blog. The group disbanded in the summer of 2006. This is a complete archiving of all the writings. A complete index is in the left column.
White Feather Forum - Joy Zone Discussion Forums - Site Feed
White Feather's Blog - Resources For Writers - Spook Quotations

Daily Columns

Thursday, July 08, 2004

57 Chevy 

by White Feather

I lucked out that I got a window seat in the back of the car. Being one of four kids in the backseat of a '57 Chevy for three and a half hours, I would have died had I not been able to sit by the window. My attention was focused outside the car; on the night sky, the stars, the black landscape shooting past, the barely discernable undulation of arroyo and mesa. It was like watching a dream floating by. The reflections on the car window further played on the dream-like effect. It was like daydreaming at night. Soon, I was floating above the desert; above the car. I could see the headlights of my parent's car down below me. I could feel the cold black night air flowing over me and it was wonderful. And then! Small white lights began popping up on the horizon. They seemed to multiply. A bump in the road slammed my face up against the car window, and I came to full consciousness. Squinting, I saw those city lights in the distance and became excited, for I knew we would soon be in a strange city, and that we would soon be stopping for a much-needed car break. I couldn't wait to get a whiff of that cool desert night air, and I couldn't wait to see and feel a new place.


Copyright © 2004, by White Feather. All Rights Reserved. White Feather Books

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?